Ironwood Man in jail again being held on Meth Charges.
Written by Jesse Baroka on February 15, 2019
On 02/12/2019, the Gogebic Iron Area Narcotics Team executed a search warrant in the City of Ironwood. The investigation primarily focused on crystal methamphetamine being distributed in the State of Michigan and the State of Wisconsin. Officers were able to execute controlled buys on 52 year-old Donald Jett and then subsequently execute a search warrant at his Pine St. residence. As a result of the search warrant officer did seize numerous items some of them being Methamphetamine, Vicodin, Suboxone sublingual films and U.S. Currency. After Gogebic County Prosecutor Nick Jacobs reviewed reports he authorized on the following charges.
• Possession with intent to deliver Methamphetamine, which is a felony and carries a possibility of up to 20 years in prison and/or $25,000.
• Possession of a Narcotic (Vicodin), which is a felony and carries a possibility of up to 4 years in prison and/or $25,000.
• Possession of an analogue (Suboxone), which is a felony and carries a possibility of up to 2 year in prison and/or $2,000
• Possession of Methamphetamine and Vicodin w/in 1,000 feet from a park, which is a felony and carries a possibility of up to 2 years in prison
• Maintaining a drug house, which is a high court misdemeanor and carries a possible penalty of 2 years in prison and/or $25,000.
Donald Jett had previously been sentenced to prison for similar drug convictions in June of 2015. Jett wasreleased from prison and placed on parole in June 2018.
Donald Jett is currently lodged at the Gogebic County Sheriff’s department on a $100,000 cash bond and the Michigan Department of Corrections has placed a hold on him.
Prosecuting Attorney Nick Jacobs thanked GIANT (Gogebic/Iron Area Narcotics Team) for their proactive and aggressive approach in addressing the drug issues in our community.
The matter is still under investigation and additional charges and arrest are possible.